Book Review: Wilder by Rebecca Yarros

February 3, 2017
Wilder (The Renegades, #1)Wilder (The Renegades #1)
Author: Rebecca Yarros
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Release date: September 12, 2016
Goodreads | Amazon US | Amazon UK
My Rating:

He’s Paxton Wilder.

Twenty-two-year-old, tattooed, smoking-hot leader of the Renegades.

Five time X Games medalist.

The world is his playground—especially this year—and for the next nine months I’m stuck as his tutor on the Study at Sea program.

He’s too busy staging worldwide stunts for his documentary to get to class.

But if I can’t get him to take academics seriously, I’ll lose my scholarship…if I don’t lose my heart first.

Six unlikely friends on a nine-month cruise with the Study at Sea program will learn that chemistry is more than a subject and the best lessons aren’t taught in the classroom…but in the heart.

I want to start out by saying that Rebecca Yarros is one of my favorite automatic go to romance authors. She writes the shit out of them, and in my opinion, is the goddess of the romance genre. First with the addictive Flight and Glory series and now onto the enthralling Renegades series. It begins with Wilder, an exciting, dangerous, tantalizing, and romantic story that is bound to have readers wanting more.

The two main characters Leah and Paxton are both independent and strong willed people. Leah is smart, but kind of reserved, where as Paxton is a thrill seeker and definitely stands out in the crowd. And Leah soon finds herself with a job aboard a luxury cruise ship having to tutor Paxton Wilder, the extreme sportsman. Between their fiery personalities, sizzling chemistry, and beautiful exotic locations, things certainly do get interesting at sea for these two.

And while there was plenty of romance, there was also some heartache from both Leah and Paxton's past that came to light and a few of them threaten their happiness. I'll admit it kept me guessing quite a bit, and when I got towards the end I was left a little surprised. But I'm also incredibly happy for Leah and Paxton and what their future together holds. I must add that I would love for Nick to have a book of his own. I am very much hoping for it. Now it's just waiting until book two, Nova! 

No comments

Post a Comment