ARC Review: Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse

January 28, 2017
Seven Days of YouSeven Days of You
Author: Cecilia Vinesse
Publisher: Little Brown Books
Release date: March 7, 2017
Goodreads | Amazon US | Amazon UK
My Rating:


Sophia has seven days left in Tokyo before she moves back to the States. Seven days to say good-bye to the electric city, her wild best friend, and the boy she’s harbored a semi-secret crush on for years. Seven perfect days…until Jamie Foster-Collins moves back to Japan and ruins everything.

Jamie and Sophia have a history of heartbreak, and the last thing Sophia wants is for him to steal her leaving thunder with his stupid arriving thunder. Yet as the week counts down, the relationships she thought were stable begin to explode around her. And Jamie is the one who helps her pick up the pieces. Sophia is forced to admit she may have misjudged Jamie, but can their seven short days of Tokyo adventures end in anything but good-bye?




Big thanks to Little Brown Books and NetGalley for an ARC copy for review

There is nothing that I love better than a sweet romance, especially in a fabulous city such as Tokyo, Japan no less. The amazing scenery and that Cecilia describes almost makes you feel like you're there. I would love to visit someday. Jamie was another aspect of the novel that I really enjoyed. He was kind, considerate, and always looking out for Sophia. He was probably my favorite character by far.

The scenes with Sophia and Jamie were quite heartfelt, but I wish there could have been more of them. Unfortunately most of her attention at first was focused on her first crush, who was a real jerk wad in my opinion. Her so called best friend, Mika wasn't any better, and there was a little too much drama in that department. 

Another bummer was that I didn't really feel a connection with Sophia as a narrator and she kind of annoyed me at certain times. Though I did enjoy her relationship with her sister, Alison and her mother. And I was glad they were prevelent in her life, and dealing with relateable family issues.  Overall I didn't mind this book, and the author left the ending open for hopeful possibilites for Sophia. 


No comments

Post a Comment